Sunday, May 18, 2008

Summer, at Last!


It feels like summer has finally arrived in Northern Utah! Sheldon and I both hate snow and cold weather so when temps. hit 85 degrees for the first time on Saturday we were so excited we decided to celebrate with a hike and a picnic. We took a short hike up Willard Creek and picnicked in Layton Park. We explored a river, found a friendly snake, and looked at the amazing view of the moon. It was so beautiful and we loved being outdoors for the weekend. Thanks mother nature!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like an amazing hike!

Steph said...

Eww...I hate snakes! But overall that looks like such a fun time. Reminds me of the fun summer picnics at Pine Valley! It is already getting TOO hot here. Over 100 is too hot to enjoy the outdoors!

Darrik, Kami & Brock said...

Super cute blog! I love your main picture, beautiful! I also love hikes. It looks like you had a lot of fun. That's funny you found a snake. Without fail, every time we are camping, hiking, fishing, or just simply mowing the lawn, Darrik manages to find a snake. I'm just lucky I'm not too afraid of them. Are you excited for the season finale of Grey's? I can't wait!!!

Kent, Krista and Family said...

AAHH! I'm jealous. I would have loved to go...but let's be honest...I can't do much..and that's not just because I'm pregnant...I'm a wuss!!! I can't even bike a quarter of a mile down the road...haha...MAN AM I PATHETIC OR WHAT??!!!

What about AI this week? What are we going to do?

Larson Family said...

Fun we need to go on a hike. Thanks for the great idea!!

{amy k.} said...

chelsea! I was so excited to see your cute face (well your picture)I came across your blog from Michelle's and I'm so happy to get in touch- I haven't talked to you forever and miss those days! Hope all is well, I'm excited to be in touch and hope you don't mind if I link you on my blog! Love ya!

-Amy (Pasqua) Martinez