Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Week to Celebrate!

This past week was a stressful, but good one! There were a few reasons to celebrate! ***WARNING VERY LONG POST***

CELEBRATION REASON #1: I finished my first sewing project! It was hard work and I am glad it is done, but I learned so much. It all began months ago, in March to be exact, after I found out my dear friend Krista was pregnant with baby boy #2 (ok so we didn't know it was a boy at the time, obviously she found out later). Soon after I found out about Krista's pregnancy one of my clients who had just had a baby walked into my office one day with her infant baby wrapped in a beautiful quilt/blanket. I fell in love with it and immediately thought of Krista. I knew I wanted to make one for her; she is such a special person to me and has been the greatest friend. She is like a second sister and I love her and her family so I knew this endeavor would be worth it. So after all these years that is what inspired me to start sewing-thanks Krista! After I had made this decision my mother-in-law and sister-in-law invited me to join a quilt blocking class with them at a local sewing store. The timing was perfect because this helped me get motivated to start the blanket. Thanks to the help of my sister-in-law Stephanie who showed me some darling fabric and my mother-in-law who seriously walked me through the WHOLE process, it is finally done! Ironically the finished project looks nothing like the inspiration quilt/blanket from what I can remember but I am pleased with the way my first project turned out. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Carolyn for coming to my rescue again, I couldn't have done it without you!

Enjoy Krista and Jakob, I love you!


CELEBRATION REASON #2: This one is the most important of them all! Jakob Matthew Johnson finally arrived on October 7, 2008! I was so excited to see the little man I had made the blanket for and to give it to Krista! Of course Jakob is so sweet and adorable, just like his big brother who he looks a lot alike-I think! Congrats Krista, Kent, and Sawyer on your new family member. We love you.





CELEBRATION REASON #3: I passed my clinical licensing exam!!! Talk about relief. This exam is the last exam a social worker must pass before they enter the field of clinical therapy practice. It is 4 hours long and dreadful. I have been dreading taking this exam since May when I graduated. I spent the whole summer studying for it but have never felt prepared to take it. I was even scheduled to take it in September but then rescheduled my testing appointment until today because I was so fearful and felt so unprepared. After all if you don't pass the exam the first time you have to wait 3 months before you can re-attempt and lets just say the pass rate is not ideal for first attempts. I have been so stressed that earlier this week I even told Sheldon that I was considering rescheduling it again. Luckily, he knocked some sense into me and confronted me on my avoidance. So after approximately 2 weeks of high anxiety-to the point I have been sick to my stomach, intense studying, and sleepless nights (because of both the anxiety and studying) I am finally done! The education chapter of my life has officially closed. No more papers, tests, studying, and school! YIPEE!!!!!!!! I have finally reached one of my major life goals.

I must say however, I know it was not all my doing. Sheldon has been the biggest support of me and my education. He has never treated his education as more important than mine. He has been supportive of my decision to take this journey and at times pushed me through it because he knew it was important to me-cheesy I know but it's true. And most important of all I have my Heavenly Father to thank. I am nothing without him and I know that I only made it to this point because this is what he wanted and expected of me, so he helped me. Thank you to everyone who was so happy for me and expressed care.

Sheldon gave me congratulation flowers, so sweet.

Sheldon and my mother-in-law congratulated me with suprise decorations and a ton of treats, thanks Carolyn.

And my cute little nieces made and hung up a "Good Job" banner. It was so long I couldn't even fit in into one camera frame. Thanks Taylor, Jaedi, Autumn, Kaydee, and Madison!

11 comments:

Steph said...

That is so awesome Chelsea! The blanket looks great! Great job on your test! We are so happy for you!

BradyandShantel said...

Congrats Chelsea. What an a accomplishment! We sure miss ya at LDSFS!!

Nicole said...

Way to go Chelsea! You are awesome!!

Kent, Krista and Family said...

AH such a cute post. You are WAY too nice to me and give me more credit than I deserve the feeling is definitely mutual. I love you so much and I'm grateful for our wonderful friendship that we share.

The picture you took of Jakob looks SO much like Sawyer I couldn't believe it...lol. I mean he looks just like Sawyer did when he was born but Sawyer looks completely different now.

YOU PASSED YOUR TEST??!!! ALRIGHT!! I told you you would do great. I'm so proud of you. I kind of even got a little teary eyed when you said Sheldon never thought his education was more important than yours...what a great husband. PROPS TO YOU SHELDON! It gave me goosebumps (lame I know) when you said you are officially done with that part of your life now too. What a GREAT accomplishment.

Great Job Chels....I love you!!!

Kent, Krista and Family said...

BTW....those pictures you posted of ME are horrible. You can definitely tell I was crying before you took that.....LOL

The Dahls said...

Congrats on reaching your goal! That's so awesome. Cute blanket too!

Robins Park said...

You are AMAZING to me Chelsea good job on the blanket and on school. Love you a ton!!!

Michelle said...

Congrats on passing your exam! That's exciting!... Cute blanket, great job on it! I'm impressed!... I wanted to tell both you and Sheldon thanks for your wonderful, inspiring testimonies you bore yesterday. I love you guys and am so glad we're friends!

{amy k.} said...

Woo Hoo Congratulations! What a relief you must be feeling!!!

And that blanket is beautiful- I want to make one! :)

Hope you're doing well!

Jon & Jenelle said...

Hey Chels!
Congrats on passing your test!!!And GREAT JOB on that Quilt! It looks amazing! You are seriously such a sweet friend. You always have been! We need to get together soon! ~J

Larson Family said...

Yea!!! That is a week to celebrate! A special congrats to you on passing your exam! That is awesome!