Sunday, June 13, 2010

26.2 Miles...Utah Valley Marathon

This past weekend I ran the Utah Valley Marathon. It was my first marathon and first time running 26.2 miles! I am so glad I did it and can't wait to do it again! It was definitely intense, especially because it was pouring rain in the canyon but it was worth it! Here are some shots of the event.

(Warning, I look far from glamorous in these...I had just run 26 miles in the cold, pouring rain!)


Here is the proof that I finished!

My greatest fan!

My other greatest fan. Excuse the language on the sign...you just have to know my sister. I thought is was pretty funny though.


My running buddy.


My sweet mother-in-law came to my house with one of my sister-in-laws and decorated my front door to congratulate me. It was such a fun surprise.

This sign was also taped to the door but it had blown off by the time we got home. I loved it!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Awesome Chelsea!!! You are definitely one amazing woman!

The Davis' said...

Yay!! Congrats! I forgot that was this week. You are so amazing and inspiring! So glad you loved it!

Larson Family said...

You are awesome!! One day I hope I can do that. I wish I lived closer and I could have trained to do it with you. :( One day right??!! WAY TO GO!!!

Nicole said...

Chelsea that is so exciting! You should be really really proud of yourself!

Michelle said...

Way to go girl!!! I'm so impressed! Glad it went well! Those pictures are way cute and you look great! Pretty amazing actually for just running a marathon! That's cute that your sister was there cheering you on and that your Mom-in-law and sister-in-law decorated your door. You are very loved :)!

Darrik, Kami & Brock said...

That is so awesome Chelsea! Congrats on finishing, and even more importantly for wanting to do it again, that is so cool. I'm way jealous. I'm so happy for you. You give me inspiration. Good job!

McCall said...

That is super impressive! No wonder you're so skinny!