Sunday, November 2, 2008

HALLOWEEN 2008

I can't believe October has come and gone....so fast! Well, as exciting as Sheldon and I are this is what we decided to dress up as on Halloween night...............


YES, you guessed it we were Chelsea and Sheldon Barlow! Clever huh? Maybe one day when we have children Halloween will be more exciting for us, but for now we just enjoy a date night on Halloween. At least I wore my orange jacket which is better than nothing! Sheldon always tells me I look like a pumpkin in that jacket so I decided to wear it to work on Halloween so I could at least be a little bit festive for my little ones at work. I even thought about putting a pumpkin face on the back of my jacket but the thought never made it out of my head.

The night after Halloween we were a little bit more festive...not by much though. We went to a Murder Mystery Party my good friend Renee hosted. It was so much fun! The theme was based on an Italian family in the family's restaurant "La Sparenza", which was also the murder scene. Each suspect was assigned a character and expected to dress up as that person. Sheldon was Rocco Scarfazzi a mafia like "tough-talking no-nonsense Italian business man" who was the twin brother of the murdered victim Pepi Roni. I was assigned to be Tara Misu who was Rocco's gold diggin' "vivacious young fiancee". Ha ha I love the cheesy names! Anyway, this is what Sheldon and I came up with for our costumes..........

Sheldon was actually wearing a suit jacket too but he had already taken it off. We looked for a mafia looking hat but all we could find was the one pictured. Because we didn't put too much thought into our costumes I think Sheldon ended up looking more like a missionary with a cowboy hat and I ended up looking like a show girl (with clothes) rather than a gold digger that was supposed to be "dressed to kill". All the other costumes looked awesome and I forgot to snap a picture while we were actually at the party. But, we had so much fun!!! Thanks Renee and Wayne, we had a blast! And shame on you Wayne/Bo, you murder you! :)

3 comments:

The Dahls said...

That sounds so fun! You guys look cute!

Michelle said...

Love your costumes (the first ones, Chelsea and Sheldon!)... Sometimes it's just nice not having to worry about figuring out what your going to be for Halloween. I always say I'm not going to dress up then at the last minute we usual throw something together... Anyways you guys are cute. The murder mystery party sounded like fun and I liked your costumes for that one! :) I'll see you tonight at our first soccer game! Can't wait!

Larson Family said...

So glad you could come!! We had so much fun! I enjoyed our talk after too! LOL