Sunday, January 23, 2011

Baby Crew

Baby Crew deserves an update post of his own so here we go...

This is a pic from our first ultrasound at 10 weeks. He looks like an angel with a halo, I love it! We were so excited to see our peanut at the first ultrasound, but Sheldon and I were even more thrilled when we saw him for the first time and he was flapping his little nubs around like crazy. It was such an amazing thing!


Right before Christmas we went to our 16 week appointment to find out if our peanut was a boy or girl. I will never forget the grin that came over Sheldon's face when we were told it was a boy. I really thought we were going to have a girl first but Sheldon said we were going to have a boy. We didn't care if it was a boy or a girl, but Sheldon just wanted to be right. The ultrasound tech, kept saying "Looks like you have a boy" and we just had to trust her expertise because we couldn't see it but we were so happy!

I loved seeing his profile and his little body. Turns out he is quite the hyperactive little one.

Everybody, including myself, thinks this next picture is a little scary of him but Sheldon LOVES it. He says it is his favorite of all the pictures we have of him. YIKES! I guess his little skeleton is kind of cute though.

These are from our 20 week (technically almost 21 weeks) ultrasound. This is a picture of his face with his hand up to his mouth.
And now we can see for ourselves that he is DEFINITELY a BOY. Haha, he put on a pretty good show!


Finally, my first baby bump photos! I have not been taking pictures and documenting as often as I would like to but that is what happens when life is so crazy! This is me at 14 weeks (excuse the construction in the background, that is to be explained in another post all on it's own)
(I am not sure why I have such a weird, mischievous look on my face??? Just pay attention to the bump, not my face :)



This is at 16 weeks


This is me at 19 weeks. I think I felt him move a little bit prior to this, but I definitely felt him move at 19 1/2 weeks. It was January 11th to be exact. I was sitting in court for work and all of a sudden it felt like someone had flicked me from the inside. At first I was startled and then when I realized what it was I just smiled. I am pretty sure people around me were wondering why I was randomly smiling in court regarding a very serious case...oops!
And finally 22 weeks


We can't wait to meet our baby Crew. Time seems to be going by so fast and everyday it seems more and more real as he kicks me and moves around like crazy. Sometimes, usually at night, it seems like he is having a little dance party in my belly. Although we can't wait to meet him we have plenty to do to get ready for the biggest change of our lives. We finally have some baby gear and a room for his nursery. I will post pictures of the house construction and the nursery soon (hopefully).




4 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the belly pictures :). You're still so tiny but it's fun to see your belly grow. Can't wait to meet baby Crew! Love the updates!

Christy said...

Oh my goodness I did not know this news!! I'm so excited for you! Congratulations!

Nicole said...

Crew's little profile is so dang adorable and pregnancy looks good on you. You look great! Can't wait til that little one gets here!

Kent, Krista and Family said...

Oh my goodness!!! I'm loving this. You're still SOOOO small. You have such a small figure though so that is to be expected. I miss you! Can't wait to meet that baby!