Sunday, January 2, 2011

Exciting News!

First, after 6 years of school, a few internships and over 2 years of professional practice as a therapist I am FINALLY an LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker)!!! That probably doesn't mean much to a lot of you but I had to share my excitement because it is a big deal in my world. I am finally fully licensed and love it. My goal was to have my license by the time we had our first baby and I am relieved I was able to do it!

And for the BIGGEST news yet. A few weeks ago we found out what we are having. Sheldon and I knew that we would find out what we were having right before Christmas but we had to lie to everybody (sorry about that) and tell people we weren't going to find out until after Christmas because we wanted to surprise our families with a gift on Christmas announcing the sex of the baby. So for those of you who don't already know we are having a ......

BOY!
We are so very excited. I was kind of surprised because I thought we would have a girl, but I am not disappointed in any way! A lot of other people kept telling me they were convinced it was a girl too. However, Sheldon was guessing that it was a boy and he was right! We know we will call him Crew but we have not decided on his full name yet. We have thought about Sheldon Crew and calling him by his middle name but we are not sure if that will create problems for him. If anyone knows what is like to be known by your middle name rather than your first, or knows someone who does will you please leave a comment with some advice. Is it annoying to always be telling people you go by your middle name rather than your first since all records usually have the first name on it? We have also thought about Crew Alexander, which I love, but it is not sentimental in anyway since there are no family names in it. So, then we are left with Crew Sheldon which we don't think flows very well. I guess we will see. I will post some pictures of the recent ultrasound which show an actual human baby! (unlike the first ultrasound pictures). We hope you all had happy holidays!

5 comments:

Robins Park said...

Most of Grandma Barlow's kids go by there middle name Leanne, Kurt, Derek. okay so only three but you could talk to them. I am so excited for you and finishing up on your licensing. YEA!!

Heather said...

Congrats Chelsea, that was a lot of hard work, but you are a very determined person. You inspire many. I think Sheldon Crew sounds great. I don't think it's a big deal to go by the middle name. A lot of people do and it doesn't seem to create too much of a problem.

Kent, Krista and Family said...

I disagree! Well, Kent does. The night you told me what you were having and what his name 'might' be Kent was like "NOOOOOOO, why do people do it"! He HATES, HATES, HATES going by his middle name. He tried to convince his brother to not name his baby Benjamin Trig (and go by Trig) but rather have his FIRST name Trig. If it were him he'd tell you not to do it. I can't wait for that baby to get here. It's going to be AWESOME!!! I already love him.

Michelle said...

Congratulations Chelsea!!! So much excitement in your little family! That's awesome that you are all licensed and everything now :). I am SOOO excited for you guys to have your baby boy!! Can't wait to meet your little guy and to hold him! I love the name Crew, so cute! I like both Sheldon Crew, and Crew Alexander. Colby's middle name is Justin, I thought it was kind of special to name him after his Daddy, but really whatever you do will be great. Crew Alexander is REALLY cute and sounds really good together. Sorry, not much help on the name thing. Hope you've been feeling good! Can't wait to hang out with you this weekend! Love you girl!

Kent, Krista and Family said...

All of your hard work paid off. I still look up to you for getting all of it done and out of the way. I sure wish I would have been more dedicated. I want to go to school so bad but I keep flipping around what I'd like to do with my life when I grow up. I have a good idea what I'd LIKE to do but I don't know if I'm dedicated to that much schooling and I'd be an old lady when I finished. Plus, the program intimidates me like NO OTHER!!! I'm a wuss! CONGRATS CHELS! I'm super proud of you.

I realize this is my second post but I never wrote about your schooling