Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Holidays (better late than never :)

I am finally getting around to posting about the holidays. The holidays are so long gone I debated even making this post. It is an understatement saying I haven't had any time and even less energy. But, my baby in my belly and the stresses of life are making falling asleep difficult these days so I figured instead of laying in bed wide awake doing nothing I should at least be productive. So, here is a brief glimpse of our 2010 holidays.

***

Miss Harli knows how to spend holidays! She does enough sleeping for both Sheldon and I. Yes, we envy her.


Looks like she has such a tough life huh? She actually should be in trouble here because she is on my carpet and not on her bed, which is like 5 inches away from her! I swear she lays on the carpet instead of her bed to spite me. Anyway, I couldn't get mad at her...she just looked so comfy and cute.


Again, Harli knows how to celebrate the holidays! (don't worry, we don't give our pup eggnog just the empty bottles:)



***
We kicked off the holiday's with Nicole and Jake's annual Ugly Sweater Party. We helped out by holding the party at our place and we had so much fun! We are so lucky to have such an amazing group of friends!


Sheldon and I in our ugly sweaters (and Sheldon's gangsta hat??? not sure what that was about)


Playing Minute to Win It






We also had a Wii dance party. I love the faces on these girls in this pic. They all look like they are experiencing pure joy! Especially Danielle there in the front, she is having too much fun :)




***

We spent Christmas Eve with Sheldon's family and had tons of fun watching the excited little ones. Here they are opening their Christmas jammies.



My darling niece, Scotti and me (and Dave, her daddy there in the corner of the pic)


We spent some time with my family on Christmas. This pic is of my handsome nephew Kyson and my mom. I just love Kyson's face of surprise as he is opening one of his presents in this photo.


My brother Andrew and his family.

We gave Kyson Gator Golf for Christmas and I am pretty sure Sheldon played with it more than Ky did.

My dad cutting the prime rib...yum!


My handsome hubby and me on Christmas day.


My siblings

***
And finally we brought in the new year with our good friends, Nicole and Jake and Danielle and Alex. We went to a nice dinner at Bistro 258 (I think that is what the place is called) and then we celebrated at Jake and Nicole's.


Jake and Nicole's satellite froze (why do we live in Utah again?) so we couldn't watch the ball drop on TV. We thought of the next best thing which was to watch the ball drop online. So, right before midnight we started setting up the computer to get live footage to watch the ball drop. Shortly after we realized we were looking up LIVE footage of the New Year's Eve Party in New York and the ball had already dropped long before because of the time difference...oops. So, about 5 or 10 minutes after midnight we did our own count down and then jammed out to Mariah Carey's awesome New Years song. It was pretty funny...but maybe you had to be there.
Our first kiss of 2011!


Jammin' out to Mariah Carey...we are awesome :)
We hope your holidays were wonderful and you are having a good 2011 so far!





















3 comments:

Nicole said...

So glad we got to celebrate the holidays with you! Thanks for co-hosting the ugly sweater party. I love the pictures of the girls dancing. Danielle's face is classic! New Years Eve was so much fun! I'm kind of glad that the dish was frozen so we could dance to that ridiculous ghetto new year's song. Just think, this was the last holiday season just the two of you. Next year your little man will be here! So fun!

The Davis' said...

Chelseas please take off the awful picture! I was laughing really hard okay...we have had a blast with you guys!

Michelle said...

What fun holidays! So glad we did the annual ugly sweater! Hope you're feeling well! Can't wait to meet little Crew!!